Notre Dame interviews Brian Kelly tomorrow, but the deal is done
Like I have been saying for days!
- Sean O'Shea / Notre Dame checks out Iowa Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz; Kelly still favorite / Click here
Brian Kelly will interview with Notre Dame tomorrow in New York.
ESPN is reporting the big interview — but as I have said on IrishCentral.com before anyone else reported it — the deal is done with Brian Kelly.
He will be the new football coach at Notre Dame.
The Kelly pursuit actually began — as I have said — right after the loss to USC, when it became evident to key Notre Dame officials and supporters that Weis was not able to win against a big team.
Since then, Kelly has been the only one in their sights.
His price has gone up since the last second victory against Pittsburgh, but the reality remains the same. Kelly was picked out by Notre Dame at least six weeks ago. He is the their No. 1 pick and they will be very aggressive in trying to get him.
In fact, I think they probably already have.
Tomorrow's meeting may be no more than a formality, and the interview with Jim Harbaugh of Stanford was never going to go anywhere.
So then, it looks like it's Brian Kelly for head coach — and a national championship for the University of Notre Dame in the future unless something goes very badly wrong.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas