Notre Dame Fighting Irish football preview: Purdue Boilermakers
The third win could be a lucky charm for the Fighting Irish
Notre Dame is ranked 25th in stopping the run (2.9 yard a carry) and 82nd in pass defense. The squad looks to improve upon its five turnovers this season.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish are back on track says Brian Kelly - VIDEO
Notre Dame Fighting Irish show they can win ugly as well as lose ugly games
The Boilermaker offense will be run through two quarterbacks in Caleb Terbush and Robert Marve. Terbush is the number one quarterback on the depth chart. He completed 14 of 17 passes for 143 yards in the rout of Southeast Mississippi State. a Perdue’s passing attack is ranked 73rd in the nation.
The vaunted rushing attack is ranked tenth in the nation. Junior RB Akeem Shavers ran roughshod over the Redhawks for 75 yards and 2 TDs. Running Backs Ralph Bolden and Akeem Hunt each rushed for over 50 yards and two scores. The corps combined for 400 yards on the ground and 7 rushing touchdowns last week.
Senior WR Justin Siller is the go to receiver for the Bollermakers catching 14 balls for 138 yards on the season. Antavian Edison is another target as well for Terbush and Marve recording a touchdown and 137 receiving yards.
The defense is ranked respectfully 45th against the run and 93rd against the pass. CB Ricardo Allen is assigned this week to stop Michael Floyd.
The Notre Dame defense has proven strong against the pass and the run. The Purdue offense is formidable but has only played against third and fourth tier opponents. The Fighting Irish offense should be able to score with Wood and Floyd having big games. The Irish’s most dangerous opponent is themselves and their propensity for turnovers. Look for the Irish to play tough and limit its turnovers and penalties in an easy victory.
Notre Dame 30 Purdue 10
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...