Matthew Macklin parts ways with longtime manager Brian Peters
Irish fight fans might remember Rosado from his shock 2008 win over the then unbeaten James Moore in Brooklyn. A Rosado/Macklin fight, given both men’s tendency to fight, could be a very entertaining affair, but no matter who Macklin fights, he has to win to stay relevant in the middleweight division.
The Irish Voice reached out to Macklin for comment on all the latest goings on in his camp, but there was no response before press time. That said, Macklin recently told his Twitter followers that it looked like he could make his ring return in November.
In other news, light welterweight Danny O'Connor (22-1, 7 KOs) is back in action on September 12 at the Verizon Wireless Center in Manchester, New Hampshire. The 28-year-old from Framingham, MA, has no confirmed opponent.
The fight card is the 12th annual "Fight to Educate" benefit, which raises funds for non-profit organizations in the New Hampshire area. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster, and for more information about the cause, visit www.fight2educate.com.
Finally, Conor McGregor's unanimous win over Max Holloway at UFC Fight Night 26 at the TD Garden on August 17 was tempered by the fact that a knee injury sustained in the second round will keep him out of action for 10 months.
The Dubliner dominated the first round of action but picked up the knock in the second, which forced him to change tactics. He still held on for a dominant victory, but he told Joe Rogan in the Octagon afterwards that his knee was bothering him after an awkward move in the second round. Tests on the injury came back last week and revealed significant ligament damage.
McGregor hopes to return when the UFC heads to Ireland for an event in the fall of 2014.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas