'Love Your County' GAA jewelry line launched – wear the Sam Maguire or Liam McCarthy around your neck
Jewelry line gives back to the local GAA teams
The traditional way of supporting your home county in GAA is wearing your home colors on a jersey, but this new line of “Love Your County” jewelry is a more discreet way of showing your home pride no matter where you are.
The collection includes sterling silver, silver-plated, and stainless steel charms, pendants, and dog tags depicting official county color jerseys, miniature footballs, hurleys, and football boots.
You can even hang a mini Sam Maguire and Liam McCarthy cup around your neck.
A "generous percentage" from the sale of each item will go directly to the respective counties, according to reports in the Irish Independent.
The line will be unveiled to more than 5,000 potential buyers at a showcase creative trade fair taking place at the RDS, in Dublin, this weekend. It will then be available in gift shops nationwide from April and online at their websites GAAJewellery.com and LoveYourCountry.com
GAA spokesman Alan Milton said, “It's nice for people who want to declare their allegiance…It shines a light on our heritage."
He added that there are now 350 GAA clubs scattered across the globe, from Dubai, Mongolia, China, and Korea, to Mexico, Sweden, and the Cayman Islands.
Brian McGee, spokesman for the Crafts Council of Ireland said, “There is a sense of national pride with the GAA. Irish businesses also have their eye on the export market and I certainly hope it will be a hit.”
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'