Kilbane leads Irish midfielders in pre-season moves as he signs for Derby County
Treacy and Andrews also switch clubs, Long likely to follow
Irish midfielders Kevin Kilbane, Keith Treacy and Keith Andrews have all switched clubs on the eve of the new English football season – and striker Shane Long could follow suit sooner rather than later.
Kilbane has signed for Derby County on loan. Treacy has moved to Burnley and Andrews has completed a deal to move to Ipswich Town.
Long, due to start the Championship season with Reading this weekend, has again been linked with West Ham, West Brom and Leicester City.
Veteran midfielder Kilbane has left Hull City for a six month loan deal with Championship rivals Derby.
“Kevin brings with him a wealth of experience, as well as the ability to play in a variety of positions,” said Derby boss Brian Clough.
“He is an international footballer, so first and foremost it is exciting for us to attract another player of that ilk to Derby County.
“We believe he will be a welcome addition to our squad and, given the type of character and player he is, we have no doubt he will do a good job for us.”
Andrews has also completed a loan deal, moving from Blackburn Rovers in the Premiership to Ipswich Town in the Championship on a season long deal.
Winger Treacy has made a permanent switch from relegated Preston to their Lancashire neighbors Burnley.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...