Irish media say Rory McIlroy’s romance with Caroline Wozniacki is on the rocks
Reports say tennis star in Dublin in desperate bid to save relationship
Tennis superstar Caroline Wozniacki has reportedly flown to Dublin in a bid to save her relationship with Rory McIlroy.
The glamour couple are said to be discussing their future at the Carton House hotel amid reports of a looming split.
McIlroy’s miserable season continued on Friday when he missed the cut at the Irish Open on the adjacent Kildare course.
And various media outlets have attributed his loss of form to problems in his relationship with Wozniacki.
The Irish Sun reports on the fears of pals of the pair that they are about to split up.
A report in the paper says that the 24-year-old McIlroy is said to be tired of the ‘clinginess of his tennis ace lover’.
A source told the paper: “He is trying to find a way out of the relationship. It looks as if it’s almost over.”
The paper adds that both Wozniacki and McIlroy have suffered dramatic collapses in form after getting together in 2011.
The Danish star, now 22, was world number one at the time but has slipped to nine and was dumped out of Wimbledon in the second round last week.
McIlroy won the US Open just before they started dating but has struggled this year after a $150million move to Nike.
Caroline was asked in March about marriage but said: “I think that question will be for him to answer.”
Agents for both players have denied any split.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.