Graeme McDowell in hot water after cameras catch angry exchange with fan during California win
Ulsterman banks a million dollars but faces swear word fine
Graeme McDowell could be in trouble after swearing at a spectator en route to his victory at the World Golf Challenge in California.
McDowell was caught on camera after yet another fan shouted ‘Mashed potatoes’ from the gallery during his final round at the event hosted by Tiger Woods.
Television cameras caught McDowell making a gesture and apparently labelling the fan a ‘w****r’ after he had hit a shot at the 16th hole.
Read more Irish sports news here
The Northern Ireland star did regain his composure to close out a three shot and 17 under par win over Irish-American Keegan Bradley.
First prize was worth a million dollars for McDowell and ended a two year wait for a tournament win.
Woods finished in a share of fourth alongside Rickie Fowler and Jim Furyk on nine under.
McDowell said: “This really caps off my season. We try not to put winning on a pedestal, but this one feels very sweet because it’s been a grind all year.
“Certainly I will draw some confidence from this one. The game hasn’t given me a huge amount this year.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm