GAA’s Jim McGuinness wants a gig with Paul McGinley at 2014 Ryder Cup
McGuinness Open to Ryder Role
Donegal All-Ireland winning boss Jim McGuinness would welcome any approach from close friend Paul McGinley to work with the European team at the 2014 Ryder Cup.
New captain McGinley has hinted he would consider McGuinness for a sports psychology role with the golfers, similar to his new role with Celtic.
McGuinness told Highland Radio in Donegal, “Golf is very much an individual sport, but the Ryder Cup is really a team sport.
“The dynamics behind man-management, communicating with players and motivating players is very important when you are coming into a team environment that the players wouldn’t be used to.
“And if you can create a really good environment for any team, chances are they will flourish.
“He was keen to find out what we were doing and how I operate, about my background and bits and pieces in the psychology side of things that might be helpful.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra