GAA Digest: Big Walsh cup win for Laois over Dublin
“You’re looking at being very, very competitive, we’re hoping, in two to three years. There are good young lads there, they are very honest and determined. We’d be well down the rankings at the moment.
“That is only being honest. Going on current form for the last two or three years, that is where we are. We have to work our way back up. It is not going to happen overnight.”
The final of the O’Byrne Cup between Kildare and DCU has been refixed for Friday, February 17, in Portlaoise after heavy rain called the original fixture in Newbridge last Sunday to be postponed . . .
PORTADOWN soccer player Shane McCabe has quit the Irish League club to concentrate on Gaelic football with the Fermanagh squad managed by Peter Canavan . . .
SEANIE Johnston is a step closer to a move to Kildare after his request to transfer from his hometown club was lodged with the Cavan County Board . . .
MAYO will travel to play New York in May after winning the FBD Insurance League final against NUIG at McHale Park last Friday night . . .
DUBLIN’S Diarmuid Connolly has escaped censure for a heavy tackle during the recent O’Byrne Cup defeat to Kildare . . .
CLARE officials have confirmed that defender Pat Vaughan will miss the entire NHL campaign through injury . . .
LAOIS won football’s O’Byrne Cup Shield final with a nine point win over Wexford on Sunday . . .
DOWN’S Paul McComiskey is to miss the first half of the league with a back injury . . .
ALLIANZ are to continue as sponsor of the National League until 2015.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...