Fighting Irish now ranked No. 10 - Coach Brian Kelly is happy with Notre Dame performance against Michigan
Kelly proud of team’s “incredible performance” - VIDEO
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish American football team is officially ranked as the tenth best team, according to the new AP rankings, after their win against Michigan last Saturday.
Although it started off slow, the Irish played a good defensive game. Coach Brian Kelly was impressed with the 13-6 victory over the Wolverines.
Speaking at a press conference after the game he said, “A great team win for our guys.
Defensively what can I say, six turnovers, limited we felt is one of the most dynamic offensive players in the country to no touchdowns. Just an incredible performance by our defense.”
Inside linebacker Manti Te'o, who had a fantastic game, spoke to ABC57 after the game.
“It's humbling, it's really humbling. I love this school. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. It represents family. I'm very humbled and I love everybody, and thank you.”
The Irish get a week of rest with a bye this week and the next time they see action will be against Miami, at Soldier Field, in Chicago, on 6th October.
Here’s the ABC57 report on the game’s aftermath:
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...