Why be 'Petty?' Danica Patrick shows that a woman's place is in NASCAR
Imminent move to NASCAR the next step in a groundbreaking career
- Video / Danica's 2009 Sports llustrated swimsuit video shoot / Click here
- Photo gallery / Danica's pictures will start your engines! / Click here
- Story / Sexy Danica Patrick getting green light on NASCAR with Earnhardt / Click here
- Photo gallery / Danica Patrick, the race driver / Click here
The imminent announcement that Danica Patrick will join the Earnhardt team for a series of NASCAR races will make the blood boil for many of the traditionalists in NASCAR who believe women belong in the pit and not at the pit stop.
Former IRL champion driver Richard Petty doesn’t think Danica belongs, stating:
"I just don't think it's a sport for women, and so far, it's proved out. It's really not. It's good for them to come in. It gives us a lot of publicity, it gives them publicity. But as far as being a real true racer, making a living out of it, it's kind of tough."
Danica needs to get her Irish up when this kind of nonsense gets talked. She's already broken more barriers than these guys have crashed through.
She is no crash dummy or pretty face ready to make up the numbers. When she gets behind the wheel she can leave men in her dust, no problem at all.
I honestly think she can win a NASCAR race when she finally joins. With the powerful Earnhardt brand behind her, that is totally possible.
Just this weekend we saw Zenyatta, a filly, smash the best of the males in the Breeder Cup at Santa Anita becoming the first filly in 26 years to win the Breeders Cup Classic.
Earlier this year another filly Rachel Alexandra left the colts for dead in the Preakness Stakes, a leg of the Triple Crown.
Danica can be the Zenyatta of the NASCAR track, the pure bred filly, who can show the colts the way and reach the checkered flag first. Dale Earnhardt Senior would certainly approve of his son's move to bring Danica on board. I think Mr. Intimidator, or Ironhead as he was nicknamed, understood the need to market the sport as aggressively as he the way he drove.
Danica has it all, good lucks, great skills and a back-story that is made for media. Her Irish dad TJ and his wife have raised an incredible daughter, one ready to reach for the stars once again.
The name Danica means 'Morning Star.' NASCAR needs this morning star to inspire anew generation to believe in a dream. This time young girls should know they can grow up to be NASCAR drivers as well as nannies. Go, Danica.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.