Could Miami Heat’s LeBron James learn from US Open leader Rory McIlroy?
Self-deprecating Irishman wins more fans for his modesty
Could golf ace Rory McIlroy have something to teach LeBron James about keeping your head under pressure?
The online friendship between McIlroy, the 22-year-old golfer, and James, the 26-year-old NBA star, makes sense.
Both men hail from modest backgrounds and both have been turned into worldwide sporting icons before winning anything.
Celtic Tiger McIlroy poster boy for peace in Northern Ireland
And let's face it, both men have had quite a bit of trouble finishing championships. But perhaps the similarities end there.
James' may well be the most disliked athlete on the planet, but McIlroy emerged from the Masters making lemonade from lemons and winning more fans in the process.
Critics say that James should have learned from his Irish buddy that failure, when handled correctly, can offers some worthwhile opportunities.
And when the good times return you'll be in a stronger position, too.
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...