Connacht rugby club starts Heineken Cup with a loss
Connacht falls to Zebre at 19-10
Connacht coach Eric Elwood saw room for improvement as his team kicked off their Heineken Cup campaign with a 19-10 victory away to Italian side Zebre.
Elwood said, “We’re obviously very happy. An away win in the Heineken Cup is a great start for us.
“We knew it was going to be difficult coming here after beating them in the PRO12 last month and they were certainly up for it.
“Dan Park’s kick just before halftime gave us a 9-3 cushion, that was good and we wanted to build on that in the second half.
“We’re disappointed we didn’t build on that lead -- we missed three, four or five opportunities maybe to build on it and get a couple more scores. All in all though, it’s a case of job done and it’s a good start to our European campaign.
“We’re in a good place now. We’re looking forward to Harlequins next week.
“Okay the game has a lot of history, but the good thing is that we did the job that we had to do today -- we’re going back to the Sportsground looking forward to the next game and with a good deal of confidence.”
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm