Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish in shock bid for Ireland captain Robbie Keane
Galaxy star may return to England in two month loan deal
Ireland captain Robbie Keane has been lined up for a sensational return to the Premier League – with Aston Villa.
But LA Galaxy fans can relax, the proposed move is only a loan deal for two months.
Keane has no official club duties with the Galaxy ahead of the start of the MLS season in March.
Keen to maintain his fitness ahead of the Euro 2012 Championships this summer, he is believed to be interested in the Villa proposal.
Fresh from his first Christmas off in 16 years, Keane will listen to what Villa boss Alex McLeish has to say.
More Irish sports news on IrishCentral
With Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan already at Everton on a two month loan and Red Bulls striker Thierry Henry to sign for Arsenal for the same period, Keane could follow suit.
He would also be attracted by the presence of Irish team-mates Shay Given and Richard Dunne in the Villa side.
Villa, beaten at home by Swansea on Monday, need a striker after managing only 22 goals in the first-half of the Premier League season.
Any deal will only be concluded when Villa have sorted out a financial package and insurance details with the Galaxy.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...