According to boxrec.com, Lee will headline the show, which is being promoted by 8 Count Productions. Walker, a 32-year-old experienced professional from the Windy City, has gone 1-4-1 in his last six and lost his last three consecutive fights.
At 5’7”, the durable Walker will give up a significant height advantage to the 6’2” Lee, who will hope to solidify his spot in the world rankings with another win.
Manager/trainer Emanuel Steward said in recent interviews that Lee would be staying busy over the next few months, and that seems to be very much the case.
According to boxrec.com, Lee is also scheduled to fight on October 2 at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, Indiana against a yet to be named opponent.
Right after the Irish Voice went on summer break, Lee knocked out James Cook (11-4-1, 8 KOs) in the fifth round of their fight at the Buffalo Run Casino in Miami, Oklahoma on July 30. The 26-year-old Irishman had a comfortable evening against his completely outclassed opponent.
It was Lee’s bodywork that did the damage, and a hard left-hook to the body in the fifth round brought a premature end to proceedings.
In other news, light welterweight Jamie "The Nuisance” Kavanagh (2-0, 1 KO) is back in action this Thursday when he fights Damian Tinker (3-3, 1 KO) at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on August 26.
Kavanagh trains out of the Wild Card Gym in LA with Freddie Roach and has had a perfect start to his pro career, notching up victories in May and June. The contest is scheduled for four rounds.
Also in action during the recent summer break was another light welterweight trained by Freddie Roach, Dean Byrne, who returned home to have his first fight as a professional in his native Dublin on August 7. The Crumlin man took on Latvian Konstantins Sakara and impressed on his Irish debut with a TKO victory in round four.
The 24-year-old has expressed an interest in a bout with fellow unbeaten Irish fighter Andy Murray, in what would be an intriguing fight indeed. With the win, Byrne moves to 13-0 with six knockouts.
In other middleweight news, Derry middleweight John Duddy (29-2, 18 KOs) was talking to the Irish Mirror earlier this month about his future and how he is taking a rest after his loss to Julio Cesar Chavez (41-0-1, 30 KOs) in San Antonio on June 26.
“I would like to think I can come back bigger, better and stronger. I will always give it 100% per cent in the gym and when I fight. That will never change,” the 31-year-old said.
“There are still a lot of offers on the table and a lot of interest from top promoters so I am not going away. At the moment I am just taking it easy and enjoying the summer. I've been in a lot of training camps in this last few years and it’s nice to have a break.”
Duddy went on to tell the Irish newspaper that he had not given up on his world title dream yet. He also went on to add that fighting in Ireland was something he would welcome, though he feels that there are still plenty of opportunities on this side of the pond.
Finally, Irish-American light welterweight Danny O’Connor (12-0,3kos) is back in action on September 15 when he fights at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, New Hampshire. An opponent has yet to be confirmed for the 25-year-old.