World's strongest men to flock to Belfast for competition - VIDEO
Muscle man competition to take place in Odyssey Arena
Belfast city is set to host the World and UK Strongest Men competitions later this month.
Taking place in the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, the Ultimate Strongman Giant Weekend will run from Thursday August 23 – Monday August 27.
In just under two weeks, strapping men from the UK and Ireland will compete during the five day event which will be televised across the globe.
The strength of the competitors will be put to the test in over thirty events throughout the weekend event. Challenges such as the Axel Deadlift, Ultimate Truck Pull, and the Human Wheelbarrow are sure to entertain the crowds.
Three of the biggest competitions include the UK Strongest Man for the CNP trophy, Masters World Strongest Man and Junior UK Strongest Man.
Current Masters World Strongest Man, Glenn Ross explained to the Belfast Telegraph why his home city was the obvious choice for the event.
“I had offers from several UK cities all keen to host the competition but as a local man I wanted to bring it to Belfast, not just to support the local economy but to stage a world class family event for the people of Northern Ireland,” Ross said.
“For years we were overlooked as a credible host city for nearly all events and now our wee city is attracting attention from all over the world and I’m proud that the Ultimate Strongman Giant Weekend is part of that,”
Ross said the annual event would provide entertainment for all ages.
“We have taken extra steps this year to make the Ultimate weekend the perfect family day out and have included stalls and entertainment to ensure there’s something for everyone in the family, no matter what size their muscles are.”
Watch Glen Ross in action below:
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...