Ten romantic Irish ideas for St. Patrick's Day
There are only a few days left, so if you are scrambling for inspiration for that perfect gesture or that looking for that perfect gift, have a glance at IrishCentral’s ten romantic Irish ideas for St. Patrick’s Day
1.Surprise him (or her). Flights to Ireland via Aer Lingus are running at only $200 or so one-way at the moment. Bring that special someone back to the land of love. Just click on the ad on our homepage. Another saint, St.Valentine, is actually buried in Dublin--lots of Irish couples get engaged in the church there.
2. Read Yeats love poems, especially 'When You are Old," which includes the immortal lines: "But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you, and loved the sorrows of your changing face."
3. Spend an afternoon watching "The Quiet Man, “one of the great romantic sagas of our age. John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara light up the screen. Kiss me Kate Danaher!
4. Listen to Enya, the balladeer of love, especially 'I dreamt I dwelt in Marbled Halls" Ethereal, folksy a beautiful love song.
5. The Claddagh ring says it all - a pledge of undying love, from any Irish retail store.
7.Pick up some recent Irish based movies, 'P.S. I Love You', and 'Leap Year' are the two most recent about Yanks finding love in the Emerald Isle.
8. If in New York the Irish run most of the horse carriage business around Central Park. Jump on board and enjoy the romantic ride.
9.Yes, a real bit of the Blarney Stone (click here), where those who kiss it will never fail in love.
10. Go meet that special colleen or lad in your local Irish bar and restaurant. No better place to find them.