1. North Cork is less famous than West Cork, but just as beautiful. Visit the beautiful Blackwater Valley where fishing and walking trips are a little bit of heaven.
2. Boyne Valley: Widely known but rarely visited, this area in Louth and Meath has beautiful scenery and scenic towns mostly with lovely coastal drives.
3. West Clare is where traditional Irish music has its home, as well as crashing Atlantic waves and beautiful scenery. A favorite spot of Steven Spielberg’s.
4. Carlingford Lough on the North South border is often ignored because of its location, especially so during The Troubles. This area is beautiful, scenic, and totally unspoilt.
5. South Armagh was once known as bandit country, now an unspoilt beautiful area of towering mountains and picturesque villages.
6. The Slieve Bloom mountains in Laois and Offaly boast the best walking trails anywhere Ireland. The trails are off the beaten track and near the center of Ireland.
7. Tramore, literally meaning “the big strand”, is in Waterford, and a beautiful beach and holiday town it is too. Also visit the nearby Waterford Gaeltacht in Ring.
8. Achill Island, off Mayo coast, is the largest island off Ireland and likely the most beautiful. Accessible by bridge with lovely mountains, sea cliffs and sandy beaches.
9. Kenmare not as well known as its neighbor, Killarney, but a beautiful Kerry town with top class restaurants and wonderful activities.
10. Hook Peninsula in Wexford is often called the ‘secret Ireland.’ Beautiful unspoilt scenery and many historical landmarks. It was here the British first arrived in 1169.
Slideshow will continue in 5 secondsSKIP
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: