The Irish have always had a way with words, whether to express love or dislike. Here are some of the best examples:
1. Money can’t buy love, but better to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle
2. Forgive your enemy, but remember his name.
3. Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
5. Alcohol doesn’t solve any problem, but then neither does milk.
6. You can always burn that bridge when you come to it
7. A well balanced Irishman has a chip on both shoulders
8. The British never remember but the Irish never forget
9. Nothing better than warm words on a cold night
10. A girl is a daughter all her life but a boy is a son until he takes a wife