1. Susan Boyle's CD. The daughter of Irish immigrants to Glasgow has become the little engine that could. She sold more albums than anyone else her first week in Britain, the U.S. and Ireland and will soon be back statewide for more. "I Dreamed a Dream" is ideal for that older aunt or uncle who love these sentimental tunes.
2. "As the Great World Spins." The National Book Award novel by Irish American writer Colum McCann. A huge breakthrough book for the Dublin-born McCann, this gift will impress all those who want a good read over the yuletide.
3.A ticket to Ireland at Aerlingus,com. Fares in January and February are dirt cheap so take advantage. A wonderful opportunity for someone who has never been to the "old sod" but longs to go.
4. An Irish Christmas tree ornament at Blarney.com or shamrockgift.com. Deck the tree with something from the old country and bring some of that Irish flavor home.
5. "Brooklyn" by Colm Toibin. One of the great Irish novels, a closely observed look at the life of a young Irish woman who emigrates to America. A must-read.
6. "The Dead" on DVD. James Joyce's incredible short story about Christmas in Dublin and a husband struggling with his mortality has finally made it to DVD in the John Huston directed version. Read the short story too. Wonderful and evocative of a time gone by.
7. A year's subscription to Irish America Magazine and Irish Voice newspaper. The perfect gift that keeps on giving all year long. Call 1800 582 6642
8. An Irish breakfast gift basket. Nothing better than a hearty Irish breakfast to start the day with real Irish bacon and sausage. You can order online at tommymoloneys.com
9. Lily O'Brien's Irish chocolates are to die for and beautifully gift wrapped. If you have never tasted the real thing form Ireland now is your chance at www.lilyobriens.ie/
10.A Claddagh ring for your beloved. A very special gift that says I love you and not just for lovers but increasingly for family members too. http://www.celtic-rings.biz/
Fascinating shipwrecks across the Wild Atlantic Way (PHOTOS)