|Yum! Chocolate & Baileys Cream Truffles|
With Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought I'd share something simple yet delicious that you can make for that special person in your life! Taking the time and effort to make this yummy Valentine treat at home is a great way to show how much you really care!
Beautifully balanced with a hint of bitter coffee and sweet Irish Baileys Cream, these rich little delicacies melt in your mouth and will be a very welcome way to your lover's heart.
These little home-made Chocolate Truffles are so easy to make. They taste divine and the secret ingredient is simply that big dollop of Tender Loving Care!
Homemade Chocolate & Irish Baileys Cream Truffles for Valentines Day
3 Cups Dark chocolate Chips 1 fl oz Cold Espresso or strong coffee 1 fl oz Baileys Cream Liqueur
Cocoa Powder, Dessicated coconut, Ground Almonds or Cake crumbs for coating.
1. Melt chocolate together with the cream. You can do this in a bowl sitting over a pot of simmering water. Don't let any water get into your chocolate or it will go into a sticky lump from which there is no return!
|Make sure the bowl sits above the water level|
2. Take the chocolate off the heat. Mix together the cocoa powder, cold coffee and Baileys and stir this liquid mixture into the melted chocolate.
3. You have just made what is known as a chocolate "ganache". If you were to let this cool a little at this stage it could be used for pouring over a cake as a chocolate covering.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film and put it in the fridge until cold. This will take 2 hours or so. You can leave it overnight if you wish as you long as everyone can avoid the temptation to steal little spoonfuls!
|Dip the spoon in hot water and always dry it, before scooping out the "ganache" |
5. Give the mix a good stir with a wooden spoon before you start to measure it out with a warm teaspoon. Dip the spoon in hot water and always dry it before scooping out the "ganache". When you have them all done, roll them with your hands, into little balls and refrigerate again for 1 hour.
6. Finally roll your Truffles in the coating of your choice. This is best done by having your crumbs, cocoa, almonds or whatever all sitting in separate soup bowls so you can literally 'roll' the ball around in the coating.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!For more from Zack see www.IrishFoodGuide.ie