With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, the countdown is on for the biggest annual celebration of Irish heritage.
In the run up to St. Patrick’s Day last year, Old Navy were criticized by the public for selling graphic Irish t-shirts playing the stereotype of the drunken Irish.
If you’re reading this story, there is a good chance that you have some Irish roots. It’s something we are all proud of, and especially in the the U.S, it’s a close bond that millions of us share. Do you think wearing a graphic t-shirt is an appropriate way of celebrating your Irish identity?
Here are just a selection of some of the Irish t-shirts available on the Internet.
1. Full of beer and blarney.
2. Irish today, hung-over tomorrow.
3. Irish to the last drop.
4. Irish I was drunk.
5. Every day is St. Patrick’s Day.
6. Let’s get ready to stumble.
7. Fight me I’m Irish.
8. Dublin up, two hands-two drinks.
9. Irish girl, best damn drinking buddy a guy can have.
10. So this Irishman walks out of a bar, no really it can happen.
Would you wear these t-shirts or do you find them offensive? Share your thoughts and comments below.
Old Navy axes offensive ‘Irish I Was Drunk’ t-shirts - SEE VIDEO & POLL