Top ten yummy Irish recipes for St Patrick’s Day 2013
From a full Irish breakfast to chocolate Guinness cake - Irish comfort food for every meal this St Paddy’s Day
Add 4 cups of vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add 1 cup of heavy cream and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender. Ladle into 4 bowls.
Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet and cut a pastry sheet into an 8x6 inch rectangle.
Brush the surface with water and spread ½ grated Irish cheddar cheese and ¼ teaspoon paprika.
Cut the dough into 3 x ½ inch wide strips and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl combine 1 ½ finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 18 cookies), 6 tablespoons melted butter, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Toss gently to mix and press into a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. In a large bowl combine 24 ounces of softened cream cheese, 8 ounces of dairy sour cream, 1 cup sugar, and 6 tablespoons of melted chocolate until smooth.
Stir in 3 eggs until combined and add ½ cup Irish cream liqueur, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
Pour into the crust lined pan and place the pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Use a small knife to loosen from the side of the pan and cool for 30 more minutes.
Remove the side of the springform pan and cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Serves 16.
7. Chocolate Guinness cake
Grease a 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup Guinness and ½ cup butter until butter is melted.
Remove from heat and whisk in 2 cups of sugar and ¾ cup baking cocoa until blended. Add in 2 beaten eggs, ⅔ cup sour cream, and 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Combine 2 cups of all purpose baking flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
Whisk this into the beer mixture until smooth and pour the batter into the pan.
Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes and cool on a wire rack. In a large bowl, beat 8 ounces of softened cream cheese until fluffy.
Add 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar and ½ cup of heavy whipping cream and beat until smooth.
Place the cake on a platter or cake stand and ice the top of the cake so it resembles a pint.
8. Dubliner Shepherd’s Pie
Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit and lightly butter an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
Cook 1 ¼ pounds of peeled and cubed russet potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. Mash with 2 tablespoons of Kerrygold Irish butter and ⅓ cup milk until smooth, then stir in 1 cup of shredded Kerrygold Dubliner cheese and ½ teaspoon salt and set aside.
Crumble 1 pound lean ground beef into a skillet and cook until no longer pink and set aside. In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish butter and add one medium chopped onion and 4 small peeled and ¼ inch sliced carrots.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...