Top ten Irish sayings for a night on the town
Tips for meeting and greeting folks on a night out in that undeniably Irish style
Have you always wanted to talk like an Irish person, but weren’t sure how to pull it off?
Use these handy tips for a night out to blend in with the local lingo. Whether you’re on vacation in Ireland, or just down your local Irish bar, these choice phrases taken from the Irish Conversation Guide will give you the gift of the gab.
1. Popular greetings for when you meet your friends
How’s the craic?
How’s the form?
How’re ya keepin’?
How’re ye lads?
2. Greetings for when you are about to eat
I’m starved with the hunger.
I’d eat the back door buttered.
It is going down well?
I'm so hungry I'd eat a nun's backside through a convent gate.
3. Compliments for the food
That meal was very tasty!
The lickings of the pan is all that's left Mam
4. Some conversation starters for the bar
You’re not a local, I take it?
Where ya from at all?
You’re new around these parts?
5. Some chat up lines for the bar
You’re looking well.
You’ve a lovely pair of eyes.
You’ve great teeth, are they your own?
6. Buying someone a drink
What are you having?
Will ya have a pint?
Will ya have a hot half one (a hot whiskey)?
7. When someone tries to go home early.
Take it easy, what’s your rush?
Sit yourself down, take the weight of your feet.
8. Inviting someone on a date
Would you fancy a quick one (a drink) some other time?
Are ya on for a pint?
A few pints wouldn’t go astray at all?
Will we go for a few scoops?
Read More: Ten best Irish pick-up lines
9. Bidding someone farewell for the night
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...