Irish sayings, proverbs and prayers for St. Patrick's Day
Some of the most-famous words to ever come out of Ireland
O b'ido hocai, is deoch deas e sin
- Donaill Mac Bruan
Good health, good life, good beer!
- Ed Quigley
May the most you wish for is the least you get!
- Jay O Brain
Here's to our wives,
and here's to our sweethearts,
may the two never meet!
May the road rise up before you,
and the wind be always at your back,
and the good Lord hold you in the hollow of his hands.
Every man is sociable until a cow invades his garden
May you always have money in your pocket
a woman to love
and a smile on your face.
May those who love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles.
So we'll know them by their limping.
May you have length with your days,
and strength with your step,
and may each season have a reason
to celebrate your faith in mankind!
To live above with the Saints we love,
Ah, that is the purest glory.
To live below with the Saints we know,
Ah, that is another story.
May the wind you break always blow down wind.
Always remember that hindsight is the best insight to foresight.
May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty!
May all your troubles be little ones
and all your little ones be trouble free.
The words that I've said I meant when I spoke
and remember my words of wisdom
feck'em if you can't take a joke.
Perfection is something that cannot be achieved,
it is something that we strive for.
A man's best friend is his mother until he meets his wife.
Here's to Hell!
May the stay there be as fun as the way there!
May there be spring enough in your life
to outlast the winters;
May there be guitars (and drums) enough
to lift your spirits whenever you need it;
May you be gentle enough to comfort those who are hurting,
But revolutionary enough to bring heaven to those who need it now.
May there always be a leprechaun near you
to bring out laughter and dance and the child in you.
And may God always have room enough for you in the palm of his hand!
- Donated by Gregory Hicks
May all your ups and downs be under the sheets.
- Patrick Ryan
A boy may kiss his girl goodbye,
The sun may kiss the butterfly,
The wine may kiss the crystal glass,
And you, my friend, may kiss my ass.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...