Do these St Patrick's Day t-shirts depict Irish as drunk and dumb?
Would you or your family be proud wearing these graphic Irish t-shirts?
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, the countdown is on for the biggest annual celebration of Irish heritage.
In the run up to St. Patrick’s Day last year, Old Navy were criticized by the public for selling graphic Irish t-shirts playing the stereotype of the drunken Irish.
If you’re reading this story, there is a good chance that you have some Irish roots. It’s something we are all proud of, and especially in the the U.S, it’s a close bond that millions of us share. Do you think wearing a graphic t-shirt is an appropriate way of celebrating your Irish identity?
Here are just a selection of some of the Irish t-shirts available on the Internet.
1. Full of beer and blarney.
2. Irish today, hung-over tomorrow.
3. Irish to the last drop.
4. Irish I was drunk.
5. Every day is St. Patrick’s Day.
6. Let’s get ready to stumble.
7. Fight me I’m Irish.
8. Dublin up, two hands-two drinks.
9. Irish girl, best damn drinking buddy a guy can have.
10. So this Irishman walks out of a bar, no really it can happen.
Would you wear these t-shirts or do you find them offensive? Share your thoughts and comments below.
Old Navy axes offensive ‘Irish I Was Drunk’ t-shirts - SEE VIDEO & POLL
15 - 79 | See all comments
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...