How to date an Irish woman - A guide for American lads
Educate yourself in the ways, means and desires before wooing a lovely Irish girl
Irish women are a force to be reckoned with. We have evolved through the decades into an independent, intelligent and ambitious race. However, our rules of engagement can differ from norms here in the United States. So, best to school yourself in our ways, means, and desires before attempting to woo a lovely Irish girl.
Here are a few guidelines.
1. The Emerald Isle…Google it!
Ireland is a small island on the cusp of Europe. No we don’t live in the dark ages and yes we have electricity, the Internet and Sushi.
If you are going to impress an Irish girl then you need to have a scant knowledge of European geography. Before complimenting us on how well we speak English, take into account that it is in fact our first language.
Perhaps you have not been lucky enough to travel to Ireland, or venture to Europe. However one should express a desire to visit our green pastures.
2. Irish Heritage
Of course you’re Irish! Aren’t we all.
If you insist on telling the world that you have Irish heritage, then please do your homework. It is not OK to claim lineage and then fail to point out which county your ancestors hailed from. Even a guess is better than “Umm I think somewhere in the South”.
If you are tempted to lie about your lineage then throw some Mediterranean countries into the mix also. Maybe your half Italian/Sicilian.
3. Date settings
Where do you bring an Irish lady on a date?
For a first date the movies are out of the running. We like to talk, we are a nation of talkers. Loquacious to the core. So best to bring the lady somewhere you can have some good banter. Dinner, drinks maybe even a walk in the park.
Be imaginative. Use your extended knowledge of your home country to your advantage here.
4. Terms of Endearment
Try where possible to remain endearing without over use of nauseating terms such as honey, sweetie, baby, etc. You are just getting to know each other, chances are you don’t even know eachothers last names. No need for over the top labels.
Generally Irish women are not very good at taking compliments so go easy on the charm. There should be subtlety involved. If you tell an Irish girl she is beautiful, sexy etc they are not going to know where to look. Instead offer mild flattery such as “Your eyes are very pretty”. Our pale skin and freckles are a somewhat touchy subject especially when we are constantly surrounded by American bronzed goddesses. Do not point out the fact that even though it’s the height of summer we still look as white as a ghost.
5. Drinking habits
If by chance there is alcohol involved, take it easy on the gargle. You are not going to impress an Irish girl by getting rat-arsed. Chances are we can and will drink you under the table. So before disaster, admit defeat and take it one drink at a time. In Ireland, light beer is seen as a woman’s drink so perhaps don’t order a Bud Light!
15 - 80 | See all comments
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...