Yet another racist cocktail - you’ll never guess what’s in an Irish trash can cocktail
Another St. Patrick’s day classic or a flagrant derogatory gimmick directed at the Irish - VIDEO
You would imagine that after the outcry within the Irish community over the “Irish car bomb” cocktail and stereotypical and insulting products released over the St Patrick’s Day period that people would have more sense than to come up with yet another cocktail with an offensive name.
“The Irish Trash Can” is yet another liquor fuelled ridiculous drink, described by the Everyday Drinkers blog as “ridiculous”. It contains rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, peach Schnapps, Curacao and a full can of Rell Bull.
Another site, HamptonRoadsHappyHour.com, explains, “The Irish in the name simply comes from the fact that it turns green. The trash can part refers to all of the different things in it, and because it has a can sticking out of the top…We hope you enjoy our recipe for this St. Patrick's Day classic, the Irish Trash Can!”
Whether it’s the color of the drink, or the reference to the Irish people’s drinking habits, it’s hard to think of another nation whose national holiday is hijacked more often than the Irish.
Earlier this year, Sean Boyle from the Ancient Order of the Hibernians (AOH) told IrishCentral that this type of defamation needs to be stopped.
Also Tim Wilson and John J. Ragen, the chairmen of the Irish Anti-Defamation Federation told IrishCentral, “The Irish community is fed up nationwide. No other nationality sees the flagrant racist comments, and derogatory shirts, TV, commercials, and sales gimmicks by restaurants or bars like the Irish do.”
Do you agree? Let us know by taking part in our poll (see right).
Here’s the recipe for the cocktail:
.5 oz. Light Rum
.5 oz. Gin
.5 oz. Vodka
.5 oz Triple Sec
.5 oz. Peach Schnapps
.5 oz. Blue Curacao
(1) 8 oz. can of Red Bull
1 flexible straw
Fill your glass about 3/4 full of ice
Pour in the six liquors and stir well
Open the can of Red Bull, flip it over so that it's resting on the ice, and insert the straw
It will slowly seep down as you drink from your straw
Here’s a video preparing people for St. Patrick’s Day with a “how to guide” to the Irish Trash Can:
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...