The Catholic Church is going through tough times with issues such as lack of vocations and abusive priests.
But it is time Catholic healthcare systems and the incredible work that Catholic hospitals do for the ill and needy in the United States is recognized.
There facilities are present in all 50 states providing acute care, skilled nursing, and other services including hospice, home health, assisted living, and senior housing.
Here are some amazing facts:
* There are 624 Catholic hospitals.
* There are 60 Catholic health care systems.
* 1 in 6 patients in the United States are cared for in a Catholic acute-care facility each year.
* More than 5.5 million patients were admitted to Catholic hospitals during a one-year period.
* There were more than 92 million outpatient visits in Catholic hospitals during a one-year period.
* Catholic hospitals account for more than one fifth, or 20 percent, of admissions in 21 states and the District of Columbia.
* Catholic hospitals employ more than 525,193 full-time employees and 233,394 part-time workers.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: