The seizures, known as photosensitive epilepsy, are believed to be the result of the flashing red, black and white lights in the pivotal 'Breaking Dawn' scene, according to ABC News.
Brandon Gephart went to see the film last Friday when he began “convulsing, snorting, [and] trying to breathe.” He said he doesn’t remember anything, but awoke on the theater floor and was taken out by paramedics.
A man in Salt Lake City, Utah also reportedly suffered a seizure while watching the vampire flick.
“It’s like a light switch going off, because it hits your brain all at once,” said Dr. Michael G. Chez, medical director of pediatric neurology and epilepsy for Sutter Sacramento. He added that “the trouble with theaters, it’s dark, the lights flashing in there is more like a strobe light.”
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: