Filming on the 45-year-old actor’s sit-com has been halted for two weeks while he receives rehab treatment at his Los Angeles home and Charlie is said to be upset that staff on the show are not getting paid.
According to gossip website TMZ, the actor has offered to step in and personally pay a third of each crew member’s salary for the time the production is being halted – but only if network CBS and creators Warner Bros give the staff the rest of their wages.
CBS claim no one has asked them to pay towards the crew salaries for the downtime, while Warner Bros. would not comment on the story.
They said only: "We sincerely hope that Charlie's rehab is going well. We hope that he is healthy in the very near future and we look forward to the return of production of 'Two and a Half Men.'"
Earlier this week, a lawyer for Charlie – who sought help in January after he was rushed to hospital following a 36-hour drink and drugs binge – revealed the actor hopes to return to work within the next two weeks.
His attorney, Yale Galanter, said on Monday (07.02.11): "We are thinking Charlie will be going back to work two weeks from today.
"Charlie is fine healthwise and doing really well. Things are looking good. Everybody's intentions are to get him back in the swing of things as soon as possible."
Read more: Charlie Sheen plans to return to work in two weeks