Britain has gone Queen mad this weekend with a four-day festival to celebrate 60 years on the throne. Here are some little known facts about her majesty and her cohorts.
1. Prince Phili,p her husband, has had several affairs, says Newsweek editor Tina Brown, an expert on the royal family.
2. Servants must freeze in place and avoid eye contact if they run into one of the royals in the hallway or corridor
3. She’s very small, officially 5 foot 3 inches but most believe she’s really about 5 foot 1
4. Prince Philip was born in Greece and is no more English than Barack Obama (where’s HIS birth certificate?)
5. The Queen once entertained an intruder in her bedroom for several minutes until security arrived.
6. Prince Phillip’s sisters married top Nazis. All the royal family is of German roots
7. If she lives three more years she outlasts Victoria as the longest reigning monarch ever.
8. Prince Phillip once remarked about his daughter Princess Anne’s obsession with horses, “If it doesn’t fart or eat hay she’s not interested."
9. She loves hunting and shooting animals on her Scottish estate
10. She says her trip to Ireland was one of the highlights of her long reign