Wicklow named among best places in world to live in survey - VIDEO
Moynalty and Abbeyleix also named as desirable places to live
Two Irish villages have been voted amongst the best places to live in the world in a global poll.
The LivCom awards also recognised the county of Wicklow as a desirable address.
Read More Irish news stories here
The Laois village of Abbeyleix and the Meath parish of Moynalty have been recognised in the awards.
The LivCom Awards are aimed at improving people’s lives through creating ‘liveable’ communities.
Wicklow, known as the Garden of Ireland, took a gold medal for the second time in the LivCom awards.
Abbeyleix and Moynalty both took silver medals at the awards ceremony in the United Arab Emirates.
Wicklow County Council chairman Pat Casey picked up the award and told the Irish independent: “It is all about quality of life.”
Read more on Irish vacations and travel here
This video was created to support Wicklow in the entry of the 2010 Livcom:
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
Curitiba/Eamonn. My understanding of current DNA findings - - Scotland/ Wales/ Cornwall are recognised as 'Celtic' countries. Prior to the Roman OccupNo Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
The rule of law must prevail. If there are grounds for charges and reasonable liklihood of conviction then the charges should be brought. But untilRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Regardless of economic situations or skews in immigration there is absolutly no excuse for racism . It is evil at its core. SLowing down immigratioDublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John Gilligan, warn ex-con his life is in danger
The huge harm of people like him has destroyed lives across Ireland. Veronic Guerin was murdered in cold blood for reporting on his activities. He