Irish Foreign Affairs Minister Micheal Martin reports to EU about Gaza trip
Irish Foreign Affairs Minister Micheal Martin, who was the first European foreign minister to visit the Gaza strip in over a year, reported his findings to the EU on Saturday.
Martin described what he found in Gaza to his European Counterparts as a “humanitarian crisis” at an informal half yearly meeting in Cordoba, Spain.
“There have been many false dawns before, but the general view was to support talks between the two sides, and also the need to have confident building measures such as the ending of the blockage in Gaza, better reproach in the West Bank and supporting the institutional capacity of the Palestinian authority,” Martin told RTE News.
Martin entered Gaza last week through the Rafah border crossing with Egypt under a UN escort.
At the same meeting in Cordoba, Catherine Ashton, EU’s foreign policy chief, said she hopes to visit Gaza next month when she is on a visit to the region to take a firsthand look at what is going in there.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
What is wrong with these people. This is the United States of America. There is no guarantee of freedom of religion, or the free exercise thereof. ThiSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
I have seen some Spanish movies that leave you wondering what happen too Spain. We were there some years back and wanted to go in to a cathedral-- myRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
molliepac: Sadly, you are right. EamonnDublin: In other words, you can't pull it apart. You're welcome.No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
All of his supporters should offer him baby sitting jobs, to help with his legal bills. If he comes here, time will be the least of his troubles in pr