World-famous Irish Illusionist Keith Barry lost consciousness after one of his stage tricks went wrong on Friday night.
According to BreakingNews.ie, the magician, who was performing his new show in Dublin's Olympia Theatre, fell unconscious while performing a trick in which he is tied to a chair with his face wrapped in cling film. Barry collapsed before he could free untie himself and remove the cling film.
Paramedics were brought onto the stage, but Barry's manager said he regained consciousness soon after the incident and did not need hospital treatment.
It was the second time this has happened to Barry. In 2011, the same stunt went wrong, and Barry was left unable to breathe in front of hundreds of fans also at Dublin's Olympia Theatre.
The dangerous dare is performed at the high point of his show 'Eight Deadly Sins.' The trick consists of Barry being tied to a chair with 100 feet of rope by two of the strongest audience members, who are offered €500 if they can successfully tie him to the chair.
The illusionist's head is then wrapped in cling film so he is not able to breathe at all.
"They tied me up so tight, that I couldn't get out so I blacked out, probably for about five seconds," he said.
In 2011, Barry came back to his senses and recuperated enough to be able to free his arms so that he could rip the film off of his mouth and nose.
Food & Drink
Killer chocolate baked Guinness donuts with Irish cream glaze recipe