The Irish beauty blog, Beaut.ie, asked the people of Ireland to vote for the hottest Irish men in their annual “50 Fine Things” survey. The results were interesting to say the least. It seems that the younger Irish men seemed to win big with the voters, such as Jedward and Robert Sheehan, but the older Irish men such as David O’Doherty, Ryan Tubridy, and Liam Neeson, showed they’ve still got it. Here’s the list of the top ten hottest Irish men as voted for by the people.
1.Jedward: We know, we know! We were as surprised as you but the Irish public has spoken. These twins, whose real names are John and Edward Grimes, have become an Irish pop sensation. This year they’re representing Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest for the second time. This St. Patrick’s Day weekend they also ran the LA Marathon. Although they’re 21 years old now, it’s hard for many Irish to get their heads around the fact that Jedward are all grown up.
2. Niall Breslin (aka “Bressie”): As Beaut.ie put it, men want to be him and women want to be with him. He was a former rugby player for the province of Leinster and he’s now a massively popular musician, TV host, and generally known as a top bloke. He became widely known as the lead singer and guitarist for the band The Blizzards. Our verdict? Swoon.
3.Tommy Bowe: What can we possibly say about this Irish rugby star? A friend recently turned to me while watching a recent match and said “Tries just look better when it’s a Tommy Bowe try.” This gorgeous Monaghan man plays on the wing for the Ospreys, Ireland, and the British and Irish Lions. He’ll also be playing for Ulster in the 2012 / 13 season.
4. Michael Fassbender: This Irish-German actor, reared in Cork, has blown up in Hollywood. In the past few years he’s earned himself a comfortable place as one of the top leading men with movies like “Inglorious Basterds”, “X-men: First Class”, “Hunger” and most recently and risqué, “Shame”. His next big movie is Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” which is out in June.
5. Rob Kearney: Another sporting over achiever, Rob is a rugby union footballer who plays for University College Dublin, Leinster and Ireland. He also played rugby union for Clongowes Wood College and Gaelic football for Louth in the All-Ireland Minor Football Championship. Well done sir, well done!
6. Colin Farrell: This man needs no introduction. From his beginnings as a Traveller on “Ballykissangel”, to Hollywood bad boy, and back to responsible caring father and socially responsible and aware bloke. It’s been quite a journey. Farrell is most certainly Irish acting royalty with national favorites such as “In Bruges” and “Intermission” in his portfolio. His next movies are “Seven Psychopaths” and a reboot of “Total Recall”.
7. Liam Neeson: Although he’s getting on in age, Neeson appears to have found a secret to becoming more and more attractive. The answer? Action movies. Since his role in “Taken” as the action hero Dad, his hunk factor has gone off the chart. He’s also been working non-stop this spring and he’ll be in theaters with “Battleship” and “Dark Knight Rises” this summer.
8. Jamie Heaslip: Another rugby player! It seems that the Irish like their men hunky. Heaslip plays for Leinster and the Irish rugby union. He was born in Tiberias, Israel and started his rugby career 2004 U-21 World Cup in Scotland.
9. Cillian Murphy: This Cork boy began his career as a rock musician but after “28 Day Later” the public fell in love with his big blue eyes and his movie career took off. He’s probably best known for his roles in “The Wind that Shakes the Barley” and more recently alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in “Inception”.
10. Chris O’Dowd: From funny man in Graham Linehan’s “IT Crowd” to sexy Hollywood actor within just one year! That’s quite the transformation O’Dowd. This Boyle, Roscommon man is making major progress in LA and he’s just finished filming alongside Megan Fox in the Judd Apatow movie “This is 40”. He’s already lined up a role in “Calvary” alongside Brendan Gleeson for next year.
Slideshow will continue in 5 secondsSKIP