|Faith, hope, love and luck; the four leaf clover.
Photo: flickr user annais
Have you ever searched for a four-leaf clover?
1. A four-leaf clover is a mutation of a shamrock, and can represent faith, hope, love and luck.
2. Alternately, the four leaves stand for Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and God’s Grace.
3. The term "shamrock" comes from the Irish word, seamrog, which translates to "little clover"
During the reign of Queen Victoria, the shamrock was identified as a sign of rebellion and independence from the British crown
4. To wear a shamrock on a military uniform was classified as a crime punishable by death.
5. The shamrock has been registered as a trademark by the Government of Ireland.
Check out this fun video:
Readers: Are you an adult Irish dancer or a dance school, competitive or not, with a story to share? Would you like to inspire others to feel your passion for Irish dancing and culture? Do you have a question about Irish dancing? Please visit www.christydorrity.com.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: