Woodchuck cider gets eaten up by Magner’s C&C in big sell
Irish beverage company buys out biggest US cider brand
The Dublin-based C&C Beverage Group, owners of Irish cider Magners, have purchased the the Vermont Hard Cider Company, the makers of Woodchuck Cider, for $305 million.
The New York Times reports on the new acquisition for the Irish C&C Group. With the new purchase, C&C Group will come into ownership of Woodchuck Cider, the largest cider brand in the US, and one of the Irish brand’s rivals.
Looking to expand in the US, C&C Group will be adding Woodchuck Cider to their catalog of beverages including Magners, Bulmers and Gaymers.
Stephen Glancey, C&C chief executive, said “This transaction transforms our international cider business and accelerates our growth prospects.”
Last year, Vermont Hard Cider had a pretax profit of $10 million, and is predicting a 50 percent growth for 2012 to $15 million, according to a statement from the company.
C&C said it would finance the deal for Vermont Hard Cider through existing cash reserves and bank loan facilities and that the deal is expected to close early next year.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Niall O'Dowd, as for my typos, can't you tell a bit of irony and parody when you see it?An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!