Woman insists $20,000 seized at Dublin Airport was to purchase ‘human hair’ in Amsterdam
Judge orders cash was intended for illicit purposes
A woman has claimed that $20,000 in cash seized from her at Dublin Airport was intended to purchase ‘human hair’ in Amsterdam.
Dublin’s Circuit Criminal Court heard that the cash has been forfeited to the state.
The woman, Dumbei Brenda Okonjo, and a male associate Anthony Osomade, appeared before the court to oppose the application for the forfeiture of the cash.
The court heard that the money was found in Okonjo’s baggage ahead of her flight to Amsterdam in 2010.
She claimed she was on her way to buy ‘human hair’ when questioned by customs officers.
But the Irish independent reports that judge Martin Nolan said he had grave doubts about the credibility of the respondents.
He pointed to the contradictory nature of their explanations and Osomade’s tardiness in offering an explanation six months after the seizure.
Judge Nolan said he was satisfied that the money was for an illicit purpose and ordered its forfeiture.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
I BET YOU ENDAS FRIEND DENNIS O BRIAN WHO OWNES THE "INDEPENDENT" GOVERNMENT RAG WILL NOT REPORT ON THISAS IT REMINDS PEOPLE JUST HOW CORRUPHow the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse
Look at the way Iceland celebrated their Christmas "THEY PUT 4 OF THIR TOP BANKERS IN JAIL TODAY" I BET YOU ENDA'S FRIEND DENNIS O BRIENBah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
Let the pagans,atheists & others live with their beliefs I for one have no problem with any of them that's their prerogative. Please don't shove iGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Over 50% of the marriages between one man and one woman end in divorce. Maybe they and Seanmor would be better off minding their own marriages rather