Wicklow named among best places in world to live in survey - VIDEO
Moynalty and Abbeyleix also named as desirable places to live
Two Irish villages have been voted amongst the best places to live in the world in a global poll.
The LivCom awards also recognised the county of Wicklow as a desirable address.
Read More Irish news stories here
The Laois village of Abbeyleix and the Meath parish of Moynalty have been recognised in the awards.
The LivCom Awards are aimed at improving people’s lives through creating ‘liveable’ communities.
Wicklow, known as the Garden of Ireland, took a gold medal for the second time in the LivCom awards.
Abbeyleix and Moynalty both took silver medals at the awards ceremony in the United Arab Emirates.
Wicklow County Council chairman Pat Casey picked up the award and told the Irish independent: “It is all about quality of life.”
Read more on Irish vacations and travel here
This video was created to support Wicklow in the entry of the 2010 Livcom:
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
OMG !!!! What a nightmare !!!! Those poor parents, may God help them through this tradegy. Pending Medical Examiner report, I reserve my opinion.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
The proper meaning of the adjective "gay" is "happy and carefree" or "festive" (as in the lyrics to "Deck the HallsNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
Seanomelb, branagh and I are carrying out an adult debate. Were you never taught that children are to seen, not heard? Go away now. branagh, the planeGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Cahir, I know you like to push your gay agenda, but I'm for capitalism. If I own a "private" shop and I don't want to serve you because you