Urban Outfitters St. Patrick’s Day products dispute rages on
Fashion retailer continues to stock "stereotypical" St. Patrick's Day novelties
The Ancient Order of the Hibernians has called on the public to boycott the clothing brand.
Testament to popularity of the Urban Outfitters products among some consumers, Irish comedian
Chris O’Dowd, a co-star of last year’s huge hit Bridesmaids and the new film Friends With Kids, tweeted a picture of his fiancé Dawn Porter wearing a t-shirt from the line with the slogan “I’m a f***ing Leprechaun”.
The Roscommon born actor tweeted, “Look what I came home to.”
Repeated attempts by the Irish Voice to contact the press department at Urban Outfitters were unsuccessful on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, last Wednesday it was announced that Navajo, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. is suing Urban Outfitters for using the tribe’s name on their products, including pullovers, feather earrings and underwear.
The tribe filed the suit last Tuesday in U.S. District Court in New Mexico, accusing the clothing retailer of trademark violation.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
Wow. A lot of people here haven't heard that 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion' was a forgery, it seems. Schlomo - you're wasting your time tryinSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Ah! There goes the Gutter hate mongering O'Doherty again. I guess It's the season to spread Hate for some. His misery is very unattractive. Merry ChSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Ooops, sounds like another attack on a women. F/XSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Angry Sarah Palin is setting herself up as the Atheist Finder General. Will she hold agnostic trials and condemn non-believers? What happens to peopl