Unionist MLA Paul Girvan has 'no problem' burning Irish tricolor on Eleventh Night bonfires - AUDIO
Girvan says bonfires are larger this year in response to Belfast City Hall flags protests
Despite Girvan’s comments saying he has no problem with the tricolor being burned, a DUP spokesperson said, “All flags should be respected. We don't want to see anyone's culture disrespected."
Another MLA, Alliance leader David Ford, responded to Girvan’s comments saying, “It is unacceptable to burn any flag no matter what country it represents.”
"As we seek to have a peaceful summer, tensions should be kept to a minimum. People are entitled to celebrate their culture, however they should not seek to offend others.”
Ford added, "Politicians have a responsibility to show leadership and set an example. I believe his comments fall well short of what is expected from an MLA."
Listen to MLA Paul Girvan’s interview with radio host Frank Mitchell here:
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
In 1948 the government of Iraq passed anti-semitic legislation more severe than the German Nuremburg Laws. The Arab world fleaced its Jews of land fivRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Curitiba, You ask me "what's the massive difference?" between English and Irish people (in support of your argument that "Ireland is aThe perfect gift for Christmas, a stay at an Irish hotel
I know of one very Irish guest house operated by an Irish couple in Connecticut, near my wife's hometown. She and I have spent a few nights there arouNelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
You should hear in the USA the right wng extremists calling Nelson Mandela all kinds of names and insults...........Why because he is black. These ri