Undocumented Irish lose champion
Immigrants mourn loss of Ireland's favorite emigrant
- News / A great Irish chieftain has passed / Click here
- News / Tributes pour in for the late Ted Kennedy / Click here
- News / Lion of the Senate is dead / Click here
- News / Undocumented Irish say farewell / Click here
- Multimedia / Videos and photos - Irish visit, immigration, The Kennedys/ Click here
- Comment / Senator Edward Kennedy - The lion in winter / Click here
- Comment / Niall O'Dowd - Why Teddy picked Obama / Click here
- Roots / The Irish Kennedys / Click here
- Roots/ Irish America magazine 1997 interview with Ted Kennedy / Click here
The undocumented Irish immigrants in the U.S. have lost their champion with the death of Senator Edward Kennedy.
Ted Kennedy - who freely acknowledged that his own family would not be allowed to immigrate to the U.S. now - was a real champion for the undocumented Irish.
And they were mourning the most famous great-great-grandson of Irish immigrants in Irish cities across the U.S.; from Philadelphia to New York to Chicago to San Francisco and his home berth in Boston.
Kennedy attended every Washington rally sponsored by the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform and won the hearts of thousands of Irish people who knew the Kennedy name from back home.
In Boston, Brian, 42, an undocumented immigrant from Co Tyrone, paid tribute to the Kennedy legacy.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
This is exactly why we need nation-wide laws against ALL forms of discrimination....including ALL employers.Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
@DaddyMac22: Um, yeah. Exactly like I said. It's a FAN MESSAGE BOARD. Is that what you call "US sports journalism," as the title of thisKatherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
@marpag: If you had actually read the article, the subject was the comment section, and the dearth of intelligence in same. However, have fun with youGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Agreed Pat123. The vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual and it is absolute ignorance and crass bigotry to suggest the evilness is perpetrated