U.S. bidder buys Bertie Ahern's cuff-links for over $1000
A pair of the former Irish Prime Minister’s cuff-links attracted interest from U.S. bidder at a charity auction on Wednesday night.
Bertie Ahern's cuff-links, estimated to be worth between €500 and €1,000 ($660 and $1300) were bought by a mystery bidder in New York for €850 ($1119).
Mr Ahern had donated the cuff-links to the Jewels for Cures event, to help raise funds for cancer research.
A Picasso lithograph in its original frame was another item among an array of valuables donated to the special charity auction.
Bono also donated a signed photograph of himself, which was taken in the 1990s by the acclaimed music photographer Colm Henry.
Breast cancer survivor, Alison McCormick was the woman behind the fundraiser, which intends to donate all proceeds to Professor John Crown's Cancer Clinical Research Trust at St Vincent's Hospital in Dublin.
Over 100 people were in attendance at the auction on Wednesday night.
Additional items will be sold on Ebay and it is hoped Jewels for Cures will raise €50,000 ($65,000) for cancer research.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
Cahir, You made yourself seem to be a petulant child. All those words, to say I hate Palin. As I read them I couldn't help but think of how it soundedBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
testIrish drugs mule to escape full trial and benefit from early release in Peru
Gosh, the brunette was dressed REAL appropriately for a court appearance, wasn't she? If they did the crime, why shouldn't they have to do the time?Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
O'Reilly Santorum commenting on Mandela and to make matters worse Irish Central publishes their comments By the way,OReilly, are you still harr