US Ambassador Dan Rooney likely to depart Ireland in a year
Tells newspaper that he is likely to campaign for Obama in 2012
U.S. Ambassador to Ireland Dan Rooney will stay in Ireland ‘probably another year’ he told a Pittsburgh newspaper this week.
Rooney was a key campaigner for Barack Obama's election in 2008. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette asked him if he would be campaigning for him again in 2012.
"Maybe," he replied, then quickly stated, "I'm not allowed to say that nor is he."
Rooney had surgery on his back recently and is currently on a two week stay in the Pittsburgh area.
The highlight of his stay in Ireland was the visit by Obama on his recent European tour.
Obama and wife Michelle dined privately with Rooney and his wife Patricia on that visit.
Rooney was a key supporter back in 2008, when he sided with Obama in the key state of Pennsylvania.
His ownership of the Pittsburgh Steelers had made him a key figure in the state.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
Proud Cabuck-Will wonders never cease! I agree with the Proud Canuck! I am not a religious person, but I never try to impose my personal beliefs on otNo surprise as Pope Francis named Time Person of the Year 2013
I. Think Gerry Adams and Pope Francis need to get better acquainted ?Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
And those cheap industrial "chocolate" diamonds!Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Pat123: Very good observation. We should judge a person by what they accomplish not by the labels put upon on them.