US Ambassador Dan Rooney likely to depart Ireland in a year
Tells newspaper that he is likely to campaign for Obama in 2012
U.S. Ambassador to Ireland Dan Rooney will stay in Ireland ‘probably another year’ he told a Pittsburgh newspaper this week.
Rooney was a key campaigner for Barack Obama's election in 2008. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette asked him if he would be campaigning for him again in 2012.
"Maybe," he replied, then quickly stated, "I'm not allowed to say that nor is he."
Rooney had surgery on his back recently and is currently on a two week stay in the Pittsburgh area.
The highlight of his stay in Ireland was the visit by Obama on his recent European tour.
Obama and wife Michelle dined privately with Rooney and his wife Patricia on that visit.
Rooney was a key supporter back in 2008, when he sided with Obama in the key state of Pennsylvania.
His ownership of the Pittsburgh Steelers had made him a key figure in the state.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
Apparently this gentleman has never read the four Gospels, or the Acts of the Apostles. There is a difference between local and corporate capitalism,Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
So you're not just an anti-American bigot but a racist too. How touching. And then you run around pointing fingers at others for being "haters.&qNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Not sure what you're point is, WK.Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Curitiba, You state "The aforementioned countries are British countries in terms of common ancestry and culture and political boundaries between