Tourism Minister assures visitors of Ireland’s safety after Dublin street brawl
Tourists and shoppers in danger in Henry Street mini-riot
Ireland’s Tourism Minister has moved to quell fears over safety after a major incident in Dublin city centre.
Minister Leo Varadkar made the move after a brawl involving up to a dozen people in the Henry City area on Tuesday night.
Police had to move to break up the near riot as shoppers and tourists were put in danger.
The fight broke out in an area between the General Post Office, the GPO, and a tourist office on the busy street.
“Any violence is a matter of concern, but Dublin is an extremely safe city. The number of complaints that we get from tourists is very low,” stressed Varadkar.
“We have 6.5 million visitors coming to Ireland every year, with three-quarters visiting Dublin.
“Only three out of every 10,000 run into problems and have to contact the Irish Tourist Assistance Service.”
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
Eating pigeon is not a true indication of poverty. I recall enquiring about the contents of their specialty "game pie" at a top London restaNo Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
This is only good news if someone, somewhere has his address and can post it so I can go round and counsel him, with a Caman.Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white, get used to it (VIDEO)
Thank you Pndirishandprou. My question is why is Fox News even talking about this? Is there a shortage of meaningful news?Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
well for some dried up crusty old judge sex is a bad thing ...... for the rest of us it is a pleasant reality