Top ten worst moments of 2011 as they happened
Stories that made us cringe and cry when they broke
1. Cloyne Diocese report—revealing yet another massive cover up of child abuse in an Irish diocese by bishops and underlings.
Read More: Release of Cloyne Report marks another dark day in Ireland’s Church
Read More: Final chapter of Cloyne Report unearths more damning evidence of cover up by Bishop and police
2. The debt ceiling debacle in Congress when we wished for an adult to shush the fighting children and get them to grow up.
Read More: GOP's debt ceiling debate debacle
3. The incest/pedophile allegations in the Irish Presidential race.
For weeks, two candidates, David Norris and Dana were beset by lurid stories from their past. Hardly the stuff of strong democracy.
Read More: Dana Rosemary Scallon’s brother accused of molesting sister’s child
Read More: New information revealed on David Norris’ views on underage sex
4. A series of summit meetings of European leaders after which it was always announced a deal had been reached on the Euro – until the next breakdown. The upcoming train wreck is all too evident
Read More: Irish government wants new debt deal in return for referendum support
5. The awful Nancy Grace denigrating poor Tristan McManus on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
Read More: Nancy Grace gets nasty at Tristan MacManus - lashes out at her co-star on 'DWTS'
6. Egyptian police clubbing defenseless women on the streets of Cairo; Syrian army thugs shooting their own people
Read More: An Irish blogger in Egypt
7. Van Morrison’s sad revelation that his lover and their baby had both died
Read More: Van Morrison’s love child died before mother lost her battle with cancer
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
How about changing the red , white and blue American flag) to green, black & red ? how would the yanks like it ?Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
Dano you do not live in Ireland any sibling of an Irish person (or grandparent can apply for a passport). You do not live in Ireland.Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Crusades came back in 2001 and now being waged by Secular Christians from USA and EU......The original Crusades were fought by European Catholics.Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
If you wear a uniform you can kill all the women and children you like ,isn't that correct Chuck.