Breathtaking Irish landscapes and where to find them (PHOTOS)
Check out the best views around Ireland
It’s no secret that Ireland boasts a number of breathtaking spots in all corners of the country.
Here are our top ten favorite Irish views and where to find them.
1. Sky Road, Co. Galway
This 7 mile circular drive to the west of Clifden offers stunning views of the Atlantic.
2. Rock of Cashel, Co Tipperary
One mile outside town on the Old Dublin Road, the Rock of Cashel is backdropped by the Galtee Mountains
3. Ladies’ View, Co Kerry
Located between Kenmare and Killarney on the N71 in the heart of Killarney National Parks
4. Giant’s Causeway, Co Antrim
From Belfast, follow signs for the "Giant's Causeway Coastal Route" for a beautiful scenic route. Then, hike around and climb out on the rocks at the stunnning locale.
5. Old Head of Kinsale, Co Cork
A popular site for golfing, this spot that juts out into the Atlantic Ocean has steallar views
6. Hungry Hill, Beara Peninsula, Co Kerry
(image via: Flickr/Denis Mc Carthy)
The highest peak in the beautiful Beara Peninsula overlaps the border of Cork and Kerry
7. Slieve League, Co Donegal
The viewing point on Sliabh League in Donegal offers an amazing sea vista and landscape with views across Donegal Bay to counties Letrim, Sligo and Mayo
8. Cliffs of Moher, Co Clare
On the western coast of Ireland in Co Clare, the Cliffs of Moher are easily accessible from most major hubs in Ireland
9. Aran Islands, Co Galway
As a set of islands, the Aran Islands are only accessible by ferry (from Rossaveel in Galway) or by plane. Once on the islands, take a bike ride to take in the sights.
10. Glendalough, Co Wicklow
As a popular spot, many tours run out of Dublin into picturesque Glendalough.
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
With all due respect, Seanmor, your opinion on abortion access is not relevant. The case is about birth control, not abortion. Even if it was about abHomemade Irish brown soda bread recipe
Raspberry jelly !!... I guess you mean raspberry jam.... If you are trying to impress us Irish don't use American jargon...Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
Interesting discussion, except for the part in which people paint all Israelis with the same brush. Reading Haaretz can be enlightening.Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny” calls on leaders to fight poverty
Seanmor, you create conflict when there is none. Others are not obligated to approve of your actions nor are you obligated to seek their approval.