Breathtaking Irish landscapes and where to find them (PHOTOS)
Check out the best views around Ireland
It’s no secret that Ireland boasts a number of breathtaking spots in all corners of the country.
Here are our top ten favorite Irish views and where to find them.
1. Sky Road, Co. Galway
This 7 mile circular drive to the west of Clifden offers stunning views of the Atlantic.
2. Rock of Cashel, Co Tipperary
One mile outside town on the Old Dublin Road, the Rock of Cashel is backdropped by the Galtee Mountains
3. Ladies’ View, Co Kerry
Located between Kenmare and Killarney on the N71 in the heart of Killarney National Parks
4. Giant’s Causeway, Co Antrim
From Belfast, follow signs for the "Giant's Causeway Coastal Route" for a beautiful scenic route. Then, hike around and climb out on the rocks at the stunnning locale.
5. Old Head of Kinsale, Co Cork
A popular site for golfing, this spot that juts out into the Atlantic Ocean has steallar views
6. Hungry Hill, Beara Peninsula, Co Kerry
(image via: Flickr/Denis Mc Carthy)
The highest peak in the beautiful Beara Peninsula overlaps the border of Cork and Kerry
7. Slieve League, Co Donegal
The viewing point on Sliabh League in Donegal offers an amazing sea vista and landscape with views across Donegal Bay to counties Letrim, Sligo and Mayo
8. Cliffs of Moher, Co Clare
On the western coast of Ireland in Co Clare, the Cliffs of Moher are easily accessible from most major hubs in Ireland
9. Aran Islands, Co Galway
As a set of islands, the Aran Islands are only accessible by ferry (from Rossaveel in Galway) or by plane. Once on the islands, take a bike ride to take in the sights.
10. Glendalough, Co Wicklow
As a popular spot, many tours run out of Dublin into picturesque Glendalough.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Dubliner found guilty of vicious Temple Bar...
Since most T.D.s are largely indifferent to an Ghaeilge and some are openly opposed to it, and since there is increasing OPPOSITION to the R.C. ChurchHollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope as little more than a ‘figurehead’
It's a serious illness, this fanaticism about abortion that creeps into OFF TOPIC comments on so many IC articles and that rehearses so many misogynisGay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Father James McCloskey is in a better position to judge his fellow men than the Pope, I see.Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
The hypocrisy is stunning. The same government leaders who are hailing Nelson Mandela's militancy today are the very people who would blow him up wit